Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am a Zombie Photographer




When I have a camera, I wake up excited about what I might see through my viewfinder that day. Sometimes when I am in a grocery store, I whip out my little digital camera and start shooting photographs of the fruit, or the fresh cut flowers. Sometimes when the lighting is just right, I can’t help but drop my purse and take photos. After a while I start noticing that people are looking at me like I am crazy! Now and then I see an object that is provoking and interesting, but the lighting is bad, or the environment isn’t nice. I don’t have a problem moving my subject to a space that has ideal lighting.

Today I was visiting a friend in her home when unintentionally turned into a zombie photographer. I say zombie photographer, because the only thing I can think of is “Must. Take. Photo.” I am so blessed to have friends that don’t even bother asking me what I am doing, they know. She just watched me swipe her perfume and walk away, in the middle of a conversation, with my head cocked to the side. She didn’t say a word as I spaced out, and floated out of the room. I set up the shot, took a couple of photos at several different angles. When I went back into the room where I left her, she picked up with our conversation like I had never left! Friends like this are golden! She understands that from time to time I just go into that mode. She also knows I’ll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment