Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jonathan and his "Daddy" bear



Operation Voices and Love is a non-profit organization that provides bears to the children of deployed servicemen from Offutt AFB.

This amazing service has inspired me to capture the moment that
my son received O.V.A.L. bear.


Jonathan loves his bear. He is constantly hugging it and listening to the message from his daddy. It's an amazing gift for a child while their parent is deployed. I think he feels like he has some some sort of control as to when he heard from his dad. He says the bear's name is "Daddy"


He said he loves his teddy bear, but he loves his Daddy more


He can't wait for his daddy to come home for Christmas. He reminds daddy every time they speak he wants a Batman watch for Christmas. But for now, the bear will do.
The message inside was recorded by Daddy before he left it says, "Daddy loves you very much and I'll be home soon to hold you tight in my arms, but until then just give me a great big bear hug. Love you, Bud."

http://www.operationvoicesandlove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment